Subwoofer replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok but if my amp is bad will an aftermarket amp just plug in? i appreciate ur help burch. when it comes to audio i have no idea what im doing. also do i need a certain kind of amp like 4 channel or anything like that?

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im gonna try to test the sub tomrrow to see if it works, if it dont i think im gonna just get a new sub and amp from ford, i dont know how to wire in that converter, i dont know what a set of rca is and ive learned finding an amp nearly the same as stock is not easy at all. i have such a headache from looking up all this stuff now and the work required to get to the amp is ridiculous i cant believe i need to tear up half the back of the truck, is there no easier way to get to that amp? im considering cutting the damn panel open with a dremel and some how patching it afterwards

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the price you will pay for the parts from ford you could replace the hu, sub, and amp.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and i cant find any good info with pics on how to go about tearing the back end down. i swear if i have to tear everything apart that amp is gonna be mounted outside of that fu*king panel when i replace it. Im so aggravated right now its unbelievable. what idiot decided it was a good idea to mount a sub and make it a living nightmare to access when it blows out

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ugh i think im gonna leave it broke from the way this is sounding. this is ridiculous, where dose that line in converter need to be wired up at?

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok.... better question. if i go to a audio shop buy an aftermarket sub and amp can they just install it WITHOUT changing my head-unit, speakers, cd changer or any of that crapola? and Im just gonna put it out there now, Ive seen the thunder form enclosure its very nice and its also way to expensive for my budget so that one is out before it even had a chance. also im guessing i can expect to pay more then $200 right?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have everything now...i.e amp/sub/box/wiring...all you need is the signal converter...connect it to one of the wires for your door speakers or sub amp like i did and connect your rca's for the amp...see pics...if youre going for thunderform enclosure...i dont think theyre more than $250...JL also makes one...

IMG00142-20110525-0949.jpg
IMG00143-20110525-0949.jpg
IMG00145-20110525-0950.jpg