Tinted Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lreiner

Reaction score
2000 EB XLT. Any suggestions about adding a darker window tint on top of the factory tint, particularly the driver and front passenger windows? I know some states prohibit that (not mine).

LDR

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go with limo tint all the way around, you won't regret it. Check out my ride. Cost about $300 for all the windows
ride.bmp

Is it just me or is it impossible to post pics on this forum?

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to go to photobucket.com and register there it's free.

Once you upload ur pics, all you have to do is copy the

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, smooth, that thing looks real nice. :)

Just check how dark you can go. I know in my home town, 5% and under is illegal, but alot of people still have it. You can buy it at Walmart, then you have the pay the installer cash and he'll do it. Really it all depends on enforment.

As for advice, just make sure all the windows match. I don't know how many Expeditions I've seen that have two different tint tones. Looks real bad.

OP
OP
L

lreiner

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation.
You have a nice ride!

Originally posted by smo0othride
Go with limo tint all the way around, you won't regret it. Check out my ride. Cost about $300 for all the windows
ride.bmp

Is it just me or is it impossible to post pics on this forum?

edmguy

Reaction score
I just went with 35% over the rear factory tinted windows and 50% (really light) on the front two. Anything on the front is illegal where I am which is why I went so light, but it still looks a bit better. And the 35% over the rear windows is nice and dark yet still easy to see out of at night. I don't have any pics since I just had it done yesterday, but I will try to get some up in the next few days.

croatone

Reaction score
limo tint would anoy me personally. Smootheride probably cant see out of his windows at night when he backs up.

jeffnoel

Reaction score
Any tint other than factory is illegal in CA on the front windows, I thought of doin it just to blend the front windows with the rear darker factory tint until my wife got a ticket in the Mustang for the front being tinted.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know of, in AZ it's legal to go as dark as you want as long as you can see into the vehicle from the outside.

So as long as the cop can see you from the outside with your window up, it's legal.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got an appointment to get my windows tinted tomorrow. I've got a 2000 Exp w/factory privacy glass. I was either going with just 20% black over the front two windows to match the privacy glass OR 20% over the factory privacy glass and 5% over the front two windows to match the darker rear. What do you guys think about these options?