What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Nice work 2019 Plat Exp. Good job. I bought from darkside as well. I just could not get the front one to be level or get it applied clean and flat. I kept thinking "yes, got it" only for it to be slightly crooked and gave up. Good product but I did not have the skill or patience to get it right.

I'm still looking out there but can't bite on the roughly $400 tag for real ones (in black with camera holes).

Anyhoo, nice work!

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
I also bought some from Darkside Racing.

Unfortunately, the decal is too small for the rear emblem. :(

I still need to apply the steering wheel one.

Yea the back one left the chrome strip ring around so I'll have to wrap that when it gets warmer out.

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
Nice work 2019 Plat Exp. Good job. I bought from darkside as well. I just could not get the front one to be level or get it applied clean and flat. I kept thinking "yes, got it" only for it to be slightly crooked and gave up. Good product but I did not have the skill or patience to get it right.

I'm still looking out there but can't bite on the roughly $400 tag for real ones (in black with camera holes).

Anyhoo, nice work!

Did you get the gel overlays? The vinyl is much harder to get perfect these were quite easy although it's about an 1/4" to large around the entire emblem so the edges aren't exactly flush I might have to take a razor to it and trim it up. I couldn't swallow the 400 bucks for real ones honestly I dipped the surround and just peeled the blue section back left the Ford chrome letters in black and it looked nice while waiting on these to show up.

Screenshot_20201030-192834_Gallery.jpg

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea the back one left the chrome strip ring around so I'll have to wrap that when it gets warmer out.

No, I mean mine doesn't even cover the center colored portion. You still see the blue. It is about 6.5-7 inches, not the 9.5" one (I believe that is the size).

Looking around, they may have sent me the Explorer ones by mistake. The Explorer has a smaller rear emblem from what I see online.

Paul M

Reaction score
What did I do with the Expedition today?

Central Oklahoma here and recovering from the ice storm and my trees took a beating. I spent most of yesterday chainsawing up the broken damaged limbs. The city has a pickup plan but with the amount of damage and power outages it may take a month or so to before all the tree limbs and downed trees are picked up. I didn't want all that crap stacked in the yard so I broke out the trailer, grabbed my son (who foolishly told me he was taken the day off to burn some PTO time), loaded up and headed to the rural dump.

The dump was muddy as f@#k with deep ruts and I was seriously thought there's no way I'm not getting stuck dragging that seriously loaded trailer. I was surprised and super pleased as we hit the 4A button, dialed in the mud/ruts setting, and e-locked the rear. I almost busted my ass trying to walk and unload the trailer but the Expedition Max had absolutely no problem getting in and out of that quagmire. I honestly thought that with the 22 inch factory tires I was screwed. Super impressed!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed Builtright Industries dash mount and 67designs phone mount.

c59b388ab6a38e42d90fb4244e7873b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. Can you post a pic of what it looks like inside the cubby? It is my understanding the rubber bottom needs to be removed and cannot be put back without cutting. Is that true?