What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's ford part number KR7Z6A949A. When I ordered mine, I found it cheapest at mikebrownauto.com but definitely search around. It was like $110. Looks nice, but otherwise provides ZERO value.

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score
Not technically "this week", but last week we drove from D.C. to Ontario, Canada. Here is a screen shot of our trip report.

Things to note:
- 4 passengers and a 90lb Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Thule XXL roofbox with ~130lbs stuffed in it
- Thule aero bars
- entire interior cargo area filled

Overall (for my fist long trip in this vehicle) I was very impressed. Comfortable, no fatigue (I drove the entire trip), and exceeded my expectations on MPG's. We were coming from a '17 Chrysler Pacifica which we drove up here a dozen or so times and I would typically average 22.5 mpg with a similar set up.

910D509B-4330-417B-90A2-F0C98DDD6300.jpeg

Brian Kile

Reaction score
Which leds did you use for the fogs? Like that look.
Sorry for the delay, Alla lighting from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N67FMQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I have the sealight LED low and high beams in:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSTG2VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been happy with both, the sealights tend to blink every now and then, but it's so fast most people can't see it, and they are loud when they are on and the engine is off (fans).

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just finished installing the E&G Classis console vault. I have to be honest, the craftsmanship and fit was perfect. Install took about 40 minutes but I also took it slow so as not to screw anything up. Very simple.

Couple install notes:

1) Be careful with the plate that slides under the console (you can see the black plate in the picture with the trim removed), it uses cages nuts (for anyone familiar with those) and they can pop off. Luckily mine didn't but they can. Make sure you slide the plate in on the left side and truly, don't pry up the console too much, I only had to pry it up about 1/4" or so to get the plate to slide in perfectly.
2) I also cut one of the corners off of the factory tray so that I can get a USB cable to still exit the console in the appropriate spot. The design of the vault doesn't have a spot for the cable to come through. Super simple, just cut the corner of with some dikes.
3) I disconnected all accessory cables that I could reach before removing the bezel, when those plastic clips pop, sometimes they come off hard, and I didn't want to risk pulling or breaking a connector.

Very impressed with this, well worth the money, I found a great deal on one at CarID, they were on sale for around 265. https://www.carid.com/eg-classics/console-lock-vault-mpn-7045-1000-17.html

PXL_20201125_192147991~1.jpg PXL_20201125_192158731~1.jpg

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, Alla lighting from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N67FMQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I have the sealight LED low and high beams in:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSTG2VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been happy with both, the sealights tend to blink every now and then, but it's so fast most people can't see it, and they are loud when they are on and the engine is off (fans).

Hey Brian, I just crawled under the front real fast to look at the fog light housings before buying a set of these. From the looks of it, did you have to remove the entire fog light housing to replace the LED's? That's really the only way I can see doing this? I mean if that's the case, holy crap, way to over complicate stuff.

Actually, the more I think about this, I have a Plati which means the fogs are already LED. Based on what I see under this thing, are the LED fogs sealed which means that damn things aren't replaceable? i.e. if the fogs stop working we can charge you several hundred bucks to replace the whole housing rather than just a bulb? Please tell me i'm crazy.

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish I could double like this. My son and I are huge LEGO fans and collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am mostly a LEGO Star Wars collector, but I am also a general LEGO fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are Star Wars, Batman and any cool random LEGO. The Vultron was a fun build.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: