Need help with performance chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Matt, Thats what I have been averaging...no keep in mind I also am a very easy driver with it as well...no rabbit starts...I have my Edge set for level 3 performance and have made adjustments to the timing and a few other items through the edge....I use 93 octane gas...cost about 9.00 more per tank but I go a extra 50 to 65 miles...so if you do the math...the 9.00 is worth it. I get between 22 and 23 highway with the cruise set at 75 mph....I have ordered a adjustable fuel regulator to increase my fuel pressure...yes the computer will adjust for it during regular driving, but when I hit the throttle it will give me the extra pressure and fuel it will need to perform even better...I want to change out my exhaust but almost am afraid to because of the fuel mileage...When I got this thing I would only get 35 to 40 miles to the first 1/4 tank being full...now just as of today, we drove into Nashville and had dinner at Jimmy Buffets restaurant and I got 115 miles to the that 1/4...so it does work...don't know what else I can tell you...ask if you have anything else.

bigmatt207

Reaction score
thanks Baker. I have my moments but I'm usually pretty easy on it so that i can try and get as good mileage i can. Hopefuly i can get my hands on one soon, then ill be asking more about your tune and what not.

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SO I have a question does the edge programmer have the option built into it to run dual exhaust/Headers? ive been told that I need to reprogram my computer once I putthem on to take advantage of them. So im thinking of having a custom tune done by a local shop, that way they aren't using "generic" setting. but if the edge programmer can do it I may pick one up

Wint

Reaction score
I got the CS and I'm still trying to find the best settings for fuel economy, because I really haven't seen any improvement. I have it set on level 2 and I changed the shift firmness to 15% but that is about all I've messed with.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
SO I have a question does the edge programmer have the option built into it to run dual exhaust/Headers? ive been told that I need to reprogram my computer once I putthem on to take advantage of them. So im thinking of having a custom tune done by a local shop, that way they aren't using "generic" setting. but if the edge programmer can do it I may pick one up
No option that I am aware of....you may want to call Mark Haywood at Edge products and ask directly....the only thing i see wrong with a custom tune is your stuck with it....you cant change anything or tweak anything...the edge allows you to adjust different parameters.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I got the CS and I'm still trying to find the best settings for fuel economy, because I really haven't seen any improvement. I have it set on level 2 and I changed the shift firmness to 15% but that is about all I've messed with.
Let me know if you want some help with this...mine has already paid for itself in fuel savings and really jumped my performance...you can but that shift firmness up to 25% and will no problem....Let me know what year you have and I can provide you the setting mine is using...

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
called mark got his voicemail hopefully i hear back before i start work im tryin to find out if they have any deals goin on amazon had them onsale for 400 not sure if they still do probably should have gotten one then if anything ill get one with tax return.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o and baker i was gettin 9-10 city before i did my current mods now im gettin 11-11.5 with 87 octane and 12 with 89 octane i still havent had the money or need to justify takin the expy on a road trip to see the true highway fuel milage when i reset my fuel trip it shows 17-19 range untill i get off the freeway but i havent actually checked it at the fuel pump yet. my moms 99 suburban is gettin around 18 highway i would love to get better milage then her

OP
OP
F

Frye34

Reaction score
Guys, Havent had a chance to do any more mods on the expy, having back surgery this thursday, wish me luck. Appreciate all of your help and am looking forward to getting on my feet and back to a normal life. Those 3 weeks i have off i plan on getting the chip and new tires, will let u know how it turns out.
Mike