Under hood heat shield or insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Timberline that was built in December of 2022 and it did come with a hood insulation panel. Maybe reserved for the 3.5 H.O.
My Aug 2022 build 2022 SPP didn't come with hood insulation, so I don't think it's an HO thing.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether their 2023 Expy has the LED lights on the key fob to confirm the remote start was successful (green) or not (red)? Mine doesn't, so want to understand if it's broken or non-existent.
Thanks everyone!
There's actually a recent thread on that.

OP
OP
NotMyPorsche

NotMyPorsche

Reaction score
Thanks GixxerJasen... I just jumped to that thread and read through it. It appears the LED light area on my key FOBs are just for show. Disappointing.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score

For anyone looking to complete the build of their brand new $80,000 2023 Expedition that the factory most likely Forgot to install due to Fords awesome quality inspections or Ford part cost cutting and neglected to inform the buyer of parts purposely left of the vehicle.... You can buy this online or go to the dealer you ordered your $80,000 truck from and demand the hood saving insulation is installed.

Somebody is disgruntled.

Manufacturers are always changing the designs as data comes in and things evolve.

They may have decided the hood padding is no longer needed, maybe they CHANGED the hood design for more air flow and indeed the customers with no hood padding may have a BETTER hood than ones with padding.

What about CAM phasers? The decide to re-design it AND NOT LET YOU KNOW. Are you mad cause you wanted to old design?

This forum can do without constant Ford bashing because Ford forget to include a lolly pop with your 80k purchase.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Somebody is disgruntled.

Manufacturers are always changing the designs as data comes in and things evolve.

They may have decided the hood padding is no longer needed, maybe they CHANGED the hood design for more air flow and indeed the customers with no hood padding may have a BETTER hood than ones with padding.

What about CAM phasers? The decide to re-design it AND NOT LET YOU KNOW. Are you mad cause you wanted to old design?

This forum can do without constant Ford bashing because Ford forget to include a lolly pop with your 80k purchase.
So the 2022's changed hood design within the same year? Why would Ford include hood insulation for one 2022 and not another 2022????? Oh , I know, Cost cutting or forgot to add it at the factory while charging the same price.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its clear that if your hood doesn't have this heat shield then the factory simply forgot to install it and quality inspector missed it. I dont know why ford would pick and choose who gets one and doesnt get one for cost cutting purposes

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to get off post here. I had found on this site of the missing condensation drain hose TSB for the A/C. 2019 Expedition xlt. Just recently took it in for service and showed the Service Writer the TSB seeing mine was missing. It fell in the time frame that Ford designated of not being installed on vehicle when built. Obviously it was over looked during the build. It was installed for N/C. My guess is poor quality control. Could be the same for insulation not being installed or lack of part while going down the assembly line. Not sure what Ford will do for the omission of the insulation shield but, seeing latter models have it they're no excuses for it that I can see. Just my opinion.