2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was initially worried that the 22s on my CCD Expy would be harsh. I friend's Escalade had 22s and it was harsh. But these drive great. I love them with the CCD.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The old gm uses with the 22s were bad on any road not smooth. But the new ones are much better. I do think the new escalade has a better ride on the hwy than my nav. I would think, even with coils, the 25 ford trucks would be much h smoother than now. I also noticed no more road preview on the nav

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Looks like the Timberline will be renamed to tremor. I hope the rear doesn't keep the black applique on the tailgate as is. As for the interior, it looks like the lower trims will get a 12 - 15 inch display in from of the driver, while the upper trims will get a larger width display. This examples interior is very bland and sparse looking.

I'm not going to lie, idk how they took the 4th gen pre refresh interior, which was actually very nice, and turned it into this. And I'm just not loving the exterior. Hopefully the upper trims look better with their design choices.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Looks like the Navigator steering wheel? I don't like the dash for sure, kind of plain looking with that big shelf there. I like the exterior and would like to see the limited and stealth version for 2025. But from what I see, kind of glad I pulled the trigger on the 2024, but now if I can get the vibration figured out!!

Last edited:

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Looks like the Timberline will be renamed to tremor. I hope the rear doesn't keep the black applique on the tailgate as is. As for the interior, it looks like the lower trims will get a 12 - 15 inch display in from of the driver, while the upper trims will get a larger width display. This examples interior is very bland and sparse looking.

I'm not going to lie, idk how they took the 4th gen pre refresh interior, which was actually very nice, and turned it into this. And I'm just not loving the exterior. Hopefully the upper trims look better with their design choices.

I'm not a fan of this re-fresh. So now it's an LCD on top of another LCD:

1724796921732.png

Honestly, the 2025 Tahoe/Suburban dash is a lot cleaner:

1724797007682.png

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 bad gm doesn't offer adjustable pedals or softer seats
Adjustable pedals is definitely nice if you have a driver that may be on the extremes in terms of height.

I test drove both the GM 1500 as well as the Yukon SLT. I also had a 2023 Expedition Max Limited rental for a week and test driven F150s. Ford does have better seats, but GM's stiffer seats didn't bother me that much.

I do think GM has a better chassis for the full size SUVs from a handling/ride perspective compared to the Expedition.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree, except I think the fords do handle better than the gms but the gms ride better. Sometimes, the heavy steering is tiresome, but in sport mode, it's one of the best handling suvs its size from what I've driven with better roll control, tighter steering feel and a sharper feel.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree, except I think the fords do handle better than the gms but the gms ride better. Sometimes, the heavy steering is tiresome, but in sport mode, it's one of the best handling suvs its size from what I've driven with better roll control, tighter steering feel and a sharper feel.

In the 1/2 ton based full size SUV market, my opinion is that the GM platform both handles and rides better than the Expedition. I think this still holds true for most suspension configurations. I've test driven a Yukon SLT which does not have the MagneRide or Air Ride suspension and it felt like it had less roll and heavier and more precise steering. The front axle and rear axle of the GM platform felt more connected to each other than the Expedition where it felt like the front axle and rear axle felt like separate vehicles. This was for a 2023 Expedition Max Limited as well as a 2023 Expedition Platinum with the CCD.

I think most people would agree that GM does a pretty good job with electric steering. Not near Porsche level feedback, but better than brands like BMW with their electric steering.

If Ford submitted the Expedition to compete in the police pursuit vehicle market, I still think GM would be the more popular choice. We have a pretty even mix of Expeditions and Tahoes/Suburbans in our LE fleet that are not used as pursuit vehicles, but I think my opinion above is the consensus among the assigned drivers.

With that said, GM has nothing that can compete with the Explorer in that segment. The Explorer is the preferred pick as GM doesn't really have any RWD based platforms in the full size unibody segment.

In the 1/2 ton pickup segment, I've test driven an 2021+ F150 and a 2024 GMC Sierra 1500. The F150 rides better and would be my preferred pick. Also, who in their right mind only offers a 24 gallon gas tank in a 1/2 ton pickup?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3